Skip to main content

When I fall asleep

I used to fall asleep with someone beside me. With his hand holding mine and his breath near my cheeks. I used to sing certain songs. And he would smile. And then some nights he sang a song. A song whose name I did not know. And he would hold me tight. Under the blanket, I’d hug him back. And we fell asleep like that. His arms around me I remember. Those beautiful nights. I’d close my eyes and knew he was there when I open them again when morning comes. Those nights have gone and will never come back again. Those nights I’m letting go and the memories, I beg, please don’t haunt me so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I leaned on someone too much and I suddenly got attached, which is not a good thing. I understand that this might have eventual ramifications. I just never thought it would be so bad as this. I should end it now. I understand that I’m only trying to like someone because they make me feel good but the thing is, it’s moving too fast and I’m not in love. I’m just in like. In all honesty, I’m simply being very much flattered with the attention I am getting and seeking the security of another relationship when in fact, I am not ready for a new one. I’m thankful for the time and the effort and all the flowery words that has come my way. It’s a good build-up for my sense of self after it has crashed but in all honesty, why am I even considering something that is obviously not right? Ok... Time to think... Get drunk again and all that.

Dear Peyton

 I hate it and I hate this but I'm sorry because I can't forgive you for having forgotten my birthday. It's partly you but it's a lot of me. I love you so much. It hurts so much.  It's important to me. It's so important that I cannot let it go. It can't feel unimportant to the person I love again. I can't. It hurts too much. So sorry but I can't.