Skip to main content

Leche flan

Galing sa ibagn site...

Caramelized sugar:

1/3 cup of brown sugar
1/6 cup of water
Dash of salt (optional)

Place the sugar in the center of a saucepan. Pour water around the sides of the pan. Before the pan gets hot and just when you first put the sugar in the sauce pan, make an X with your finger across the sugar. Do not stir. Turn on the stove to medium heat, bring to a full boil and cook without stirring, swirling the pot occasionally to even out the color, until all the sugar is melted and is amber-caramel in color. Pour the caramelized sugar in a llanera (Philippine aluminum oval mold) or a baking dish.

Custard:

4 egg yolks
1 can condensed milk
After emptying the can of condensed milk, fill the same can with 1/3 liquid milk or water. (Note: this is 1/3 can).
1 tsp of pure vanilla extract

1. In a mixing bowl, mix the yolk gently to break it.
2. Empty the can of condensed milk in the yolk mixture
3. After emptying the can of condensed milk, fill the same can with 1/3 liquid milk or water. (Note: this is 1/3 can) Stir the liquid milk (or water if you prefer) in the can to get all the remaining condensed milk that is sticking to the sides of the inside of the can. Pour this in the mixing bowl.
4. Mix the liquid mixture gently. To have a smooth set custard, do not whisk the mixture so as not to create bubbles in the custard.
5. Strain the mixture while pouring it into the llanera with caramelized sugar.
6. Cover tightly with foil. This avoids moisture from the steam or water to get to the custard while cooking.
7. Cook in a water bath for about 25 minutes or test it by putting a butter knife into the flan and no mixture sticks to the butter knife

To serve, run a knife around the edge of the llanera or baking dish and invert into a serving plate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I leaned on someone too much and I suddenly got attached, which is not a good thing. I understand that this might have eventual ramifications. I just never thought it would be so bad as this. I should end it now. I understand that I’m only trying to like someone because they make me feel good but the thing is, it’s moving too fast and I’m not in love. I’m just in like. In all honesty, I’m simply being very much flattered with the attention I am getting and seeking the security of another relationship when in fact, I am not ready for a new one. I’m thankful for the time and the effort and all the flowery words that has come my way. It’s a good build-up for my sense of self after it has crashed but in all honesty, why am I even considering something that is obviously not right? Ok... Time to think... Get drunk again and all that.

Dear Peyton

 I hate it and I hate this but I'm sorry because I can't forgive you for having forgotten my birthday. It's partly you but it's a lot of me. I love you so much. It hurts so much.  It's important to me. It's so important that I cannot let it go. It can't feel unimportant to the person I love again. I can't. It hurts too much. So sorry but I can't.