Skip to main content

When I fall asleep

I used to fall asleep with someone beside me. With his hand holding mine and his breath near my cheeks. I used to sing certain songs. And he would smile. And then some nights he sang a song. A song whose name I did not know. And he would hold me tight. Under the blanket, I’d hug him back. And we fell asleep like that. His arms around me I remember. Those beautiful nights. I’d close my eyes and knew he was there when I open them again when morning comes. Those nights have gone and will never come back again. Those nights I’m letting go and the memories, I beg, please don’t haunt me so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

:)

I want to say I’m ok without having to lie but I’m not. I’m worried about a lot of things right now they clog my brain. It must be why I didn’t sleep today. I should settle this life I’m living. I should find closure for all these worries. I should stop wanting more than what I already have. I should be done. However, what should be done has never been what I truly do. Smile and bear it. Ignore the bad thoughts. Just smile and bear it.